Legislation and Links
On 11 May 2016, the Director of Child Protection Litigation Bill 2016 (DCPL Bill) and the Child Protection Reform Amendment Bill 2016 (CPRA Bill) were passed as cognate Bills.
The Director of Child Protection Litigation Act 2016 was assented to on 25 May 2016 and commenced on 1 July 2016.
This act implements the Queensland Child Protection Commission of Inquiry’s recommendation 13.17 to establish within the justice portfolio an independent statutory agency – the Director of Child Protection – to make decisions as to which matters will be the subject of a child protection order application and what type of child protection order will be sought, as well as litigate the applications.
- Childrens Court Act 1992
- Childrens Court Rules 2016
- Child Protection Act 1999
- Director of Child Protection Litigation Act 2016
- Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012
- Family and Child Commission Act 2014
- Public Guardian Act 2014
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal Act 2009
- Status of Children Act 1978.
- Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women
- Legal Aid Queensland
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Queensland Courts – Childrens Court (Magistrates Court)
- Queensland Family and Child Commission
- Queensland Ombudsman
- Office of the Public Guardian
- Family and Child Connect
- Oneplace Community Services Directory